Unable to access the shared folders of a Synology Disk Station without entering the user name and password.
Enable the guest account first and then give it full right (read/write) to the shared folder. Here are the steps:
1) Control Panel -> Users
2) Select user guest and click Edit.
3) Unckeck the ‘Disable User Account’
1) Control Panel -> Shared Folders
2) Select the folder and click on Privileges Setup
3) Here you can select from the drop-down the Local Users or the Local Groups. Give Read/Write to the guest or the user group.
by: George Lopez-Henriquez